Wednesday, May 6, 2009

He likes who?!!!

It is time to admit we've failed as parents....

So Peanut has to deal with the randomly put together songs sung by both mom and dad. It is not that we don't sing real songs, like You are my Sunshine, or Twinkle Twinkle, but more often, we take real melodies and sing about Peanut and his daily shenanigans. "Bottle, we'll make your bottle, first we will heat it in the sink..... and then you'll drink it, and probably spit up, then I'll take the bottle away." That is to You are my Sunshine.

Peanut is also exposed to various and favorite songs from our iPod- and the one in his room. Children's lullabyes, Uncle Kevin's band, Vitamin String Quartet versions of Muse, Metallica, etc. And he has always showed some interest in the music, but today as I accidently clicked on a link from an entertainment news page while I was holding him in one arm and surfing in the other (yeah it happens occasionally, but he won't let me put him down, so I am okay with taking a 5 minute break while still on the clock.)

Peanut went crazy. Totally nuts- dancing (aka throwing his arms and legs everywhere), cooing, cheering for this performance from Donny Osmond!!!

2 comments: